Who We Are
Waséyabek Development Company, LLC (WDC) was organized to pursue non-gaming, economic diversification opportunities on behalf of the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi (NHBP). By organizing WDC in 2011, the NHBP and Tribal community have made a significant commitment to economic development.
Located in the downtown business district of Grand Rapids, Michigan, WDC receives oversight and direction from a six-member corporate Board of Directors. Execution of the strategies established by the Board is the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer.
In part, the investment strategy of the WDC involves prudently acquiring companies and income properties throughout our target market. WDC looks favorably on companies with strong leadership willing to remain post-transaction. A solid earnings track record and a debt ratio comparable to industry standards will be vital for consideration.
Purpose of Waséyabek
The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi (NHBP) and community are committed to economic development.
NHBP organized Waséyabek Development Company, LLC (WDC) in 2011 and began a search for qualified WDC Board Members in 2013.
In 2014, the Board was seated and began conducting business to diversify the Tribe’s economy.
The purpose of WDC is to:
- Create and stimulate the economy of the Band and to create employment opportunities for Tribal Members
- Generate profits to promote the growth and continuity of the Company and for distribution to the Tribal Government
- Generate tax and other revenue for use by the Tribal Government in providing services to the Band’s reservation community
- Increase the economic well-being of the Members of the Band in accordance with the economic development policies and plans of the Band as adopted by Tribal Council
- Engage in any lawful business or other activities necessary, customary, convenient, or incident thereto for which companies may be organized under the Tribal Limited Liability Company Code