The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi (NHBP) and community are committed to economic development. NHBP organized Waséyabek Development Company, LLC in 2011 and began a search for qualified Waséyabek Board Members in 2013. In 2014, the Board was seated and began conducting business to diversify the Tribe’s economy.
Waséyabek Development Company’s purpose is to:
1. Create and stimulate the economy of the Band and to create employment opportunities for tribal members
2. Generate profits to promote the growth and continuity of the Company and for distribution to the tribal government
3. Generate tax and other revenue for use by the tribal government in providing services to the Band’s reservation community
4. Increase the economic well-being of the members of the Band in accordance with the economic development policies and plans of the Band as adopted by Tribal Council
5. Engage in any lawful business or other activities necessary, customary, convenient, or incident thereto for which companies may be organized under the Tribal Limited Liability Company Code